- To equalize the effects of traffic patterns and exposure to sunlight, turn your rugs
- A quality pad is required for all rugs to reduce wear, slippage. Pads also add sumptuousness.
- Always vacuum your rug in the direction of the nap. You can feel the nap of the rug by hand.
- Never vacuum the fringes of the rug. The suction force which vacuums generate can pull the fringe and cause it to rip or tare. Sweep with a broom instead.
- Do not put a house plant, flower pot or Christmas tree on your rug. The moisture may penetrate or condense on the bottom of the pot, creating permanent mildew amage.
- It is very important to act quickly incase of spills. Blot the spills with paper towel or
cloth by applying pressure to the spot. The longer the liquid remains the more likely it will cause stains.
- Do not treat spills that have dried and become stains. Contact us for specific advise as different type of stains require different treatments.
- Never clean your oriental rug with steam cleaners or chemicals. They can prematurely age your rug by robbing them of their natural oils.
- Every few months inspect your rugs visually. The evidence of wear is usually first apparent at the edges or the ends of the rug.
- Have your rugs cleaned by a professional oriental rug cleaner at least every two or